ignition switch

bcary65

Cadet
I would like to know is what does the letters by the wire terminals B,M,A,C,S but has a bigger screw that has the letter M also mean or stand for on my omc iginition switch so i can hook the right wires to the right terminal and bypass the push in choke on the iginiton switch on my mercury control box

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: ignition switch

Raised "M" (Magneto)=(Black/Yellow wire)<br /><br />Other "M" (Magneto) = Black<br /><br />Terminal "A" (Accessory) = Purple<br /><br />Terminal "C" (Choke) = Undetermined<br /><br />Terminal "S" (Starter Solenoid) = Undetermined<br /><br />I feel sure that you can figure the two undetermined wire colors.

bcary65

Cadet

i'm not sure if this omc push in choke iginition switch will work on my 1979 mercury control box it is a older box the box has the choke button on it and That box is a older box for BATTERY POWERED CD the handle buttons are trim buttons one box button is trailer button the other is choke, heres the original COLOR CODE,<br />red = battery<br />blk = grd<br />white = 12v power to ign, choke button and tach<br />yellow = start<br />gray = choke<br />brn = tach<br />orange stopped at the engine plug and didn't go any where<br /> not sure if the inginition had a push in choke and there is<br />seems to be no warm up lever.<br /><br />the wirining harness to the control box has:<br /><br />yellow - going to the nuetural switch then to the old (new) ignition switch<br />brown - to tack / speedo<br />black - to switch then to tach / speedo<br />grey - to a button on the side off control<br />white - to the switch and to the same button as the grey<br />red - to switch<br />orange - switch<br />so i'm not sure in where to put the wires<br /><br /><br />
100_1334.jpg
f1f3afeb.jpg
dde00aca.jpg
4670e537.jpg

bcary65

Cadet

thanks i order a new switch ($70.) should get it tues.but would like to find out where/how to work the throtle up without a warm up lever thanks