problems cat transplant help rds-22

cluke3

Seaman
2nd day out started and ran good shut down for about 1 hour went to re start hard to start then at full throttle all of sudden started missing and lost power idled but still missed shut it down and tryed to restart and it srarted backfiring i think thur the exaust will it do this if the crank key is shered also checked spark weak on one cyl. new key in crank and torq. at 105 ft lb to start with

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: problems cat transplant help rds-22

You may have sheared the crank key, despite the torquing job. The same thing happened to me after my first outing.<br /><br />The only way to find out is to pull the flywheel, but you've done that already before, so it'll be no big deal.<br /><br />If the key's sheared, you'll want to lap the flywheel and crankshaft together with lapping compound.<br /><br />Could also be misadjusted points or a rubbed wire. <br /><br />Keep us informed.

cluke3

Seaman

thanks try that tomorrow i am a expert at pulling the flywheel

cluke3

Seaman

this i did not say the first day at full rpm jumped out of forward and i guess went into rev.<br />fixed that yesterday the bolt in the brass coupler was striped this might have caused my problem today. that sudden jolt

lark2004

Lieutenant Junior Grade

quite possible. I would still do as CAT has suggested and lap your flywheel onto the crank. this will give you really good mating surfaces between the taper on the crank, and the taper on the flywheel.