Johnson suspected fuel feed problem

DANNY II

Cadet
I have an '80 model Johnson 25H it has been giving me problems since i bought it. for startes when i bought it used i had to leave the choke on in order to get the thing to stay running, so i changed all th fuel lines and connectors, I would have changed the fuel pump but the person i bought it from said he had that done already and the pump in fact looked new. Any way after replaceing all these lines and such the problem remained. " choke has to be out and you cant go fast or it will bog down shut off and not want to run " so I finaly decided to get a carb kit and figured why not get a fuel pump kit too. rebuilt the carb and boticed the kit was different from the pump, some one had put the wrong pump on the motor, so i replaced it with the right pump and ran great on the test run, but then the next time i decided to take it out it bogged down and shut off at full throtle, and wouldnt start back up. Any ideas what is going on?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Johnson suspected fuel feed problem

Did you try pumping up your primer bulb as it boggs down? Have you checked your tank's vent lines?

DANNY II

Cadet
Re: Johnson suspected fuel feed problem

Well there is plenty of pressure in the bulb but now that you mention it I bet that i had the vent closed on my tank and was too agrivated to even think about it. As my dad use to say, "a temporary case of the dumb a** got a hold of me."<br />forgot to think small but with all the problems Ive had this motor it has me thinking in big problem mode.<br />Thanks for helping to pull my head out of my rear, and I'll go and check that im sure it just vapor loced on because of that...hopfully thinking anyway.