prop question?

diggerdan17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
got my 15 horse evinrude all tuned up and mounted with the anti cav plate level with the bottom of the boat.the prop on the motor is 9-1/2x10.is this prop meant for hole shot or top end.i was told by someone long ago that it wouldn,t matter what pitch prop you put on a small outboard...they are all the same.i wouldn,t mind getting a little more top end speed.what pitch prop would you recommend if any?

diggerdan17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: prop question?

oops...please move to outboard non repair forum.<br />sorry.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: prop question?

Diggerdan17,<br /> That prop is meant for pushing a boat! :eek: )<br /><br /> Seriously though, There is not that wide of range of props available for that motor. If I recall, I think in oem props there is a 9.25d x 12p at the high end, and some "work" props with smaller pitch. I have a pirhana prop with a selection of blades that has worked well for me. The thing that I have noticed is it is difficult to find a prop with any sort of cup on the blades.<br /><br />I am using a modified Pirhana 10d x 11p on my inflatable, it definitely has far less ventilation issues that any of the OEM props that I've tried.<br /><br /> If you want to test drive a few different props let me know and I'll help you out....<br /><br /><br /> Cheers,<br /> Snow.