Dhadley finally remembered those casting #'s

muchco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dhadley back in May I run a thread regarding the compression on my 1987 Evinrude 150XP. I started with 85 psi on each cylinder. I did a decarb job with Seafoam and raised the compression approx. 10 psi on each cylinder. You had asked me to give you the casting numbers of the heads, and you would let me know what you thought. You mentioned that some XP's had aggressive port timing and that certain heads that may give slightly lower compression reading than than other combinations. The head castings are: 332544 and 332545. What do you think?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Dhadley finally remembered those casting #'s

Thats the right heads. They are really good ones.<br /><br />Glad to hear things are coming together for you!

muchco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks very much for the response. Old chugger seems to be doing pretty good. Some day I will be looking for a 60 degree zinger. Have a good day.<br />Muchco

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Thats funny you called it a chugger. I took the 60* 150 off the Dusky and put the crossflow 150 back on. The wife called it the "chugger" compared to the "zinger".

muchco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dhadley, I was checking to see if you caught that. I did read the thread that you had mentioned that in. My brother inlaw has a 60* 175 and agree with your wife when she calls one "chugger" and the other "zinger". I sure have no complaints with my "chugger " though. Thanks again for your input on my heads.<br />Much-co