The list goes on and on and on .......Motor Height issue again?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer
Ok... so per this board I raised the engine... went up one notch and the water issues I once had pouring in the boat greatly decreased, but thought I would bring it up to the bottom of the boat as told.... So I raised it up.. It now sits level with bottom of boat.. But heres what I noticed...<br />When I had pin out of any position other then the closest to the boat I start to cavitate BADLY.. NO movement what so ever.... just high RPM's and alot of air bubbles outta prop area.. water pressure through engine also lessons... so I put it down closest to the boat and all is fine... even in turns. If my motor was too high wouldn't I have issues cavitating in turns if I can't trim motor any? I also noticed 4 holes drilled on either side of the plate (thinking trim tabs or such at one time) and wondered if this could be my problem... I have since filled the holes but wanted some advice...<br />Prop is 13 3/4 X 15

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: The list goes on and on and on .......Motor Height issue again?

Sounds like the cup may be worn from the blades especially at the tip.<br /><br />Is this a 3 cylinder or a V4? I take it that there's no power trim?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

this is a 1970 115 V4... with no power trim... so then I guess were saying it's time for a new prop?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Whats yours look like? Is it worn at all? What prop are you running? I know its a 13 1/4x15 but what brand?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like crap....lol it doesn't look all that bad, theres a few nicks and such but no big chunks missing.... or any bent outta shape areas... Thinking I should just get a new one... but where to look Prop finder on this site gave no results

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

But what brand / style is it?

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

Honestly.... I have no idea...nor do I know where to check... I have the prop numbers and the only other numbers or stamping on it is 382763.... Prolly won't help but who knows

ledgefinder

Ensign

382763 is OMC part number for standard aluminum 13 3/4 X 15P prop.