vacum line help

novaman

Cadet
Rebuilding a 1991 115hp johnson. Did not mark the vacum lines. Can anyone help, or suggest a sight to find a schematic? I don't know where they all connect to.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: vacum line help

Your service manual will have a very good detailed schematic. There are several ways to do it depending on which block, by-pass covers and intake youre using. Are you using the original block, by-pass covers & intake?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

BTW -- those are recirculation lines (recirc hoses). If youre looking for "vaccume lines" in th manual that may be why you couldnt find it.

novaman

Cadet

All parts are original as far as I know. I have a clymers manual and have not seen any info about them in there, but will look again. Recirculation? as in collecting or moving gas oil mix? Should they be replaced? they seem ok.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Most likely the hoses themselves will be OK. Describe the plastic fittings that you have that goes with those hoses.

novaman

Cadet

No plastic, all brass nipples. 1 on each upper bypass cover, 1 on the crank cover, and 4 on the intake.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Ah, a mix & match deal. OK, you have a couple of options.<br /><br />Run a line from each of the one-way valves in the intake (thats the brass nipples you mention -- most likely they're plugged so we need to clean them or replace them) to a by-pass cover. Run #1 intake to #2 cover, #2 to #3, #3 to #4 and #4 intake to #1 cover. Actually it doesnt matter where they go as long as its not to the same cylinder. Then cap off the nipple behind the throttle linkage going into the crankcase.<br /><br />Or run any line to the crancase cover and cap off one nipple on the by-pass cover.