revisit subject

gregs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Most motors have a trim tab on them that can be adjusted to compensate for some of your problem. Look at your propeller, you should see a small fin sticking down from above, right behind the propeller. This can be loosened, turned side-to-side, and tightened back down. Experiment with it in different positions, it might flatten things out for you. A little movement of that tiny little thing will have more impact than you think. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 207 | Registered: Dec 2004 | IP: Logged | <br /><br />gregs <br />Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />Member # 8499 <br /><br />posted May 27, 2005 05:12 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Thanks guys, I think nautijohn is right. With my lack of experiance I was dropping the bow down to much. Like I said if I pull it up just a little it does level out. The boat is a 15ft 88 glasstream with a 2.3 ltr ford motor. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 76 | From: ohio | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged | <br /><br />gregs <br />Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />Member # 8499 <br /><br />posted May 29, 2005 10:34 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Tonight I adjusted the trim tab as suggested. Didn't know witch way to go. It had some #S on it. Was on a 4,I put it on a 5. Will test it soon. Also while down there at the prop I noticed that the fin at the bottom of the lower unit was bent. Actually it had a curve in it, looked like this ) So I'm wondering how much this afected the boat tilting to the left. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------