Auxiliary Motor Brackets

boxer38z

Cadet
Hi all, just like to know anyone install Auxiliary Motor Brackets on power boat. I have a 1977 Sliverline 16ft Dual Consol with 60 HP Johnson motor. I like to install Auxiliary Motor Bracket on my boat with 4 hp motor in case my Johnson motor broke down. I don't see much room on the transom unless i mount it very far left or right of the transom. any suggestion will be great. Thanks all very much in advance.

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Auxiliary Motor Brackets

Boxer<br />Welcome to the board. If you have enough room on your transome you can mount motor there. If there is not enough room then can mount it on a bracket bolted to the transom. Brackets come in two basic types fixed mount and lift mounts.<br /><br />I have a 15 HP motor on a lift braket on my transom and can use tiller stearing or a EZ-Steer to my I/O engine. One thing I would suggest is do not put the motors too close togethers. I would suggest turn each motor toward the other then make sure there is some space between the two. You do not want the prop from one motor to hit the other motor when your try to turn.<br /><br />Go to the mega mall and search for motor brakets and you will get many pages of brackets.<br /><br />One thing when picking a braket. I think all the manufactures over rate there brakets so if you motor weighs 70 pounds I look for a bracket at least 140 pounds.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Auxiliary Motor Brackets

If you boat anywhere where the wind/waves can pick up the 4 isn't going to cut it.