Johnson 4 Stroke Power Curve

Scott Sprankle

Recruit
Good morning all,<br /> I'm new here, first time poster, forgive me if I screw this up <g><br /> I'm looking for a printed power curve for my new Johnson 115hp 4 Stroke, trying to figure out the most economical rpm to cruise at.<br /> Does anyone know where I can find this info?<br />Thanks,

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson 4 Stroke Power Curve

Welcome!!<br /><br />Since it's a Suzuki you might ask a Suzuki dealer but I've never seen one published by OMC. Too much depends on your set up and can change from rig to rig & set up to set up as far as the most economical rpm. Even in the best of water conditions.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

What you might do is look on the web for boat tests like those done by Bass & Walleye magazine or Trailer Boat magazine. When they test a boat / motor combo they publish those numbers. But keep in mind its for that particular boat rigged as they describe.

Scott Sprankle

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome!<br /><br /> What I am looking for, is a graph showing the torque curve vs. the horsepower curve. I know the rigging, boat and water conditions are all variable, but it will give me somewhere to start.<br /><br /> The motor's on our new Sea Pro 190CC, we really are happy with the boat so far.<br /><br /> Thanks again, stay dry!