JOHNSON 200 STARTS AND DIE...

CARLOS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I´ve bought a 200 Johnson 1995.<br />When cold in the morning, generally after 15 days stored, when I try to start it is very difficult.<br />The engine cranks and try a little but does not start completelly. After more than 10 or 15 cranks finally start and works very good.<br />The rest of the day the engine works good and starts OK!<br />What´s going on? Why it´s difficult to start in morning? Fuel mixture is rich, choke is working good. What else?<br />Please, somebody help to start this engine faster at cold condition. I live in Venezuela. Our prom. temp. is about 30-35°C...very hot...<br />Thanks<br />Carlos

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander
Re: JOHNSON 200 STARTS AND DIE...

Carlos, there isn't a choke on that engine it is a fuel primer and there is a certain start up procedure to use:<br /><br />1. Pump up primer ball until it's hard<br /><br />2. Turn key on, not to start, just on<br /><br />3. Push key in and count to 8<br /><br />4. Then turn the key the rest of the way to start. <br /><br />This will initiate the Quick Start feature, which advances the timing on cold starts, it should fire right over in 2 or 3 seconds using the procedure. If after it starts, it falters a little bit, just bump the key in and out quickly to prime it a little more.

CARLOS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: JOHNSON 200 STARTS AND DIE...

Thanks Cricket...This weekend I´ll put in practice your instructions...<br /><br />Best Regards<br /><br />Carlos <br />Venezuela