Prop ANY INPUT!

bassinbrunner

Seaman Apprentice
When is it time for a new prop. My prop on my 1996 johnson fast strike 115 hp is a little dinged up (one of the blades is bent very little, the blade is very slightly bent outward intead of being cupped inward, like the remaining two). It's not much but is this enough for my performance to suffer? Last time I took the boat out I was experiencing very bad motor shake and vibration. Is this the cause?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Prop ANY INPUT!

Any prop shop can recondition and balance your prop, BIB.<br /><br />Moving to General Outboard

walleyehed

Admiral

JB has the key answer, and yes, a bent prop can cause serious performance issues.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

When is it time for a new prop.
Any time its not repairable any more or they come out with something better. And they did have something new/better at the Miami show. <br /><br />Guess what's on the way????

Hooty

Rear Admiral

A varible pitch prop that will handle 300+hp, run on the surface and cost under ah hunnard dollars?<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

montanaman

Seaman Apprentice

If it functions in a circular motion then it MUST be balanced,ie, crankshafts, camshafts, tires, driveshafts and props. A nick in a prop will cause an imbalance.