90 HP Evinrude

rsbbdut

Recruit
I bought a 30 foot toon that has a 90 HP Evinrude 1990 that I've had on the water roughly 4 times. The motor ran fine the first two times then it seemed like it didn't have the speed it did on the first two outings. It was like it was running at half speed or performance across the lake then all of a sudden it kicked in and started running at full power. Then on the way back it ran fine. Then on my 4th outing it ran at what I call half speed across the lake there and back. I changed the plugs which did nothing. The motor fires up fine everytime and doesn't seem to be missing or running badly when it is at half speed, but then when it does kick in you can hear the much better performance out of the motor as to say that's how it's supposed to sound and run. Any ideas as to what this may be? I called the local shop and they said it sounds like a fuel problem I will change the fuel filter next time out. Thanks for any ideas....

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: 90 HP Evinrude

I would start with a decarb or carb rebuild. Even if thats not the problem its good to do.