exhaust manifold 1972 65hp evin can't find parts?

Mike Giglio

Seaman Apprentice
I was getting water in my #2 cylinder and had good compression. I saw a post on this for another 1972 65hp evinrude triumph and someone suggested checking the exhaust manifold as a possible back leak problem. I did a number on the exhaust manifold while drilling out frozen bolts and need to replace it. My evinrude dealer tells me certain parts are no longer available for my motor. I found an inner exhaust manifold but i have been unsuccessful in my quest for the larger exhaust manifold which is located between the outer cover and the inner manifold that bolts to the powerhead. I live on long island in New York and would appreciate any help locating this an other hard to find parts for this motor. I was able to get all the bolts out except on I am still wrestling with. Thank you <br />Mike Giglio gigman8@earthlink.net. <br />Trying to keep this Nixon era motor running.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: exhaust manifold 1972 65hp evin can't find parts?

Hi, Mike.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />Try tcoutboard.com for a used one.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Mike Giglio

Seaman Apprentice
Re: exhaust manifold 1972 65hp evin can't find parts?

Thank JB. I'm waiting to hear back from tc outboards. Thanks for the welcome too. Most parts for my motor became obsolete this year. Your help is greatly appreciated.<br />Mike Giglio