New to me FICHT 225HP 2001

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice
M# E225FPXSIF<br />S# 4951227<br />Well I did it!! I bought this motor today and feel like I did get a terrific deal. $4000 with new tach and harness. (Please see other thread 2001 225hp FICHT for more details)<br />Anyway, what is my order of operation here for getting her up to snuff MTX wise. First ficht I have bought so i am not sure if there are added MTX items to be concerned with.<br /><br />Little lighter in the wallet,<br />Tim

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to me FICHT 225HP 2001

MTX?? Whazzat?

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Remove the left side cover, replace the fuel filter, pull the stb. cover out a bit and remove the exhaust pressure sensor tube and clean off the carbon and make sure it is not plugged up. Replace it if it will not clean out after soaking in Engine Tuner.<br /><br />You can find the exhaust sensor by tracing the small rubber hose from the EMM (computer box) down to where is screws into the midsection of the motor just under the block.<br /><br />Most motors never have that serviced and will run much better if it is clean.

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice

Your are the man seahorse that is the stuff I need to get to know!! Its my first ficht and I am a little nervous.<br /><br />Tks,<br />Tim