20 hp johnson fuel pump

tommr

Seaman
I need a little help please.<br />The fuel system for this motor does not seem to be all here. <br />There are 2 by pass plates upper and lower but when I look at the johnson site powehead diagram the top and bottom seem to be switched.<br />Anyway one of them has a sort of mount with 3 holes. One large in the center and two "mounting?" holes on each side. Is this part of the fuel pump or where the fuel pump mounts?<br />Something seems to be missing.

tommr

Seaman
Re: 20 hp johnson fuel pump

Its a FD-22e which makes it a 1968 20 hp.<br />There seems to be no fuel pump. Just<br />a by pass cover with a small clear tube<br />from a nipple in the bottom leading to the bottom of the reed plate.

tommr

Seaman

Thanks Jim<br />I found the engine diagram there and they show<br />the by pass plates opposite from what I have here.<br />Also they show an part with no part number or description that may be a fuel pump?<br />When I got this motor the fuel line was running directly to the bottom of the carb.<br />It runs that way but not right.

viciousfishes

Seaman

If you still have want any help with this, I have answers. I just took my fuel pump apart and I have the same motor as you

jasper60103

Commander

If you still have want any help with this, I have answers. I just took my fuel pump apart and I have the same motor as you

viciousfishes,
this is a very old thread. You may even have his motor, LOL.