2002 johnson 150 hp

visko1

Recruit
HELP<br /><br />MY 2002 JOHNSON STARTS UP RIGHT AWAY WHEN I PULL AWAY FROM THE DOCK AT LOW RPM SHE CUTS RIGHT OUT<br />I START HER RIGHT UP AGAIN AND HAVE TO PUSH THE TROTTLE FULLY FOWARD TO GET GOING THEN BACK DOWN<br />TO A SAFE SPEED AND SHE WILL RUN FINE IF I POWER<br />DOWN TO A LOW RPM SHE WILL CUT OUT I CHANGED THE<br />PLUGS, FILTERS, ADDED 2X4 FUEL TREATMENT. CHANGED<br />PRIMER BALL NO CHANGE THE MOTOR IS STILL UNDER<br />WARRENTY BUT I WOULD HAVE TO PULL THE BOAT OUT OF<br />THE SLIP AND TOW HER 40 MILES TO THE DEALER IF<br />THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX PLEASE HELP<br /><br />THANKS IN ADVANCE<br /><br />GEORGE V

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 2002 johnson 150 hp

Hi, George.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />She is in warranty, don't mess with her. Take her to the dealer.<br /><br />Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear, but you could easily void your warranty, which you DON'T want to do.<br /><br />Also, please don't post in all caps. As example above shows it is SHOUTING on the net.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

George...You don't have to take it back to the place that you bought it to have warranty work done, any OMC/BRP dealer will do it for you. Take it out and run it over to Spellman's marine on Montauk Hwy in Hampton Bays, they are the best around out there. If you don't have a trailer they might even come and get it, or work on it in the water. Or you can go through the bay and up the Shinnecock Canal, they are right on the canal. Give them a call.<br /><br /> http://www.spellmansmarine.com/

visko1

Recruit

Sorry jb won't happen again . jb are you the same jb from the whailer room who helped me so much in the past?<br /><br />Cricket thanks I will see if I can bring it to whitewater on the patchoge river he did the 10 hr service for me. If he can not take me I will call spellmans .dont want to lose to much<br />time out of the water;<br />gv<br />gv

keeperseeker03

Recruit

I have a 2003 johnson . The same exact problem is happening . Its not under warranty any more. Please let me know what the problem is . Id apprecieate any help and any money I could save on work.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It was a good idea to do a search, KS, but not to hijack a 3 year old thread.

Please start a new thread on your new problem.

Thanks. :)

keeperseeker03

Recruit

Hey JB ... Im not sure what you mean . I was just trying to get some help with my motor. The same exact thing is happening . I guess this site isnt what I thought it was .