150XP shift rod stuck

torabuff

Cadet
I know this topic's been beat to death and I did an extensive search with no results so...I have a 90 150xp that I was pulling the lower unit on <br />got all the bolts out including the shift rod <br />and it still wouldnt budge it just dropped down about 4 inches. I pulled the shift lever out to see if there was a hang up and the clamp where the shift rod bolt was still on the rod and it's kinda wedged at the base of the powerhead. When I lift up the lwr unit the clamp thing just stays there a little loose, but it won't come up enough to see how to remove it. This is my last shot before removing the carbs. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to remove it.<br />thanks <br />steve

Walker

Captain
Re: 150XP shift rod stuck

sounds like you took the wrong bolt out of the shift linkage. Did you maybe take out the bolt that clamps the shift block to the horizontal shift linkge on the motor. Just to clarify my question, did the bolt you took out go in from the side or was it facing front to back in relation to the motor.

torabuff

Cadet
Re: 150XP shift rod stuck

yep, I took out the forward facing bolt on the clamp. I'm assuming I took out the wrong one.<br />Makes sense why it won't come out.<br />thanks for the insight.<br />steve