problem w/ 70hp evinrude

204HOE

Recruit
The day when i got my boat, the motor was working fine and i even took it out for the whole day at the lake. Well today is totally a diiferent day. First, the motor starta fine then it die's but i got it running after a few try. Second, I have the lever on top speed but the motor is just so damn slow then after it die. Third, when its on idle it runs fine and when im about to run the motor, it keep on dying.<br /><br />I dont really know whats wrong with it or im doing something wrong. I dont really know about this motor since i just got my first boat last week.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: problem w/ 70hp evinrude

Start with the easiest first. Make sure there's no fishing line, string, twine, etc. wound around the prop or prop shaft.

204HOE

Recruit

this might sound pretty stupid but what and where can i find the prop shaft?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

It's the shaft that the propellor is on. Remove the propellor and make sure there's no line around the shaft.

204HOE

Recruit

I just removed the propellor and didnt see anything on it. Any suggestion what else i should do?

jfm1

Petty Officer 1st Class

make sure your chokes not on

jfm1

Petty Officer 1st Class

also check the vent on your tank, make sure its open

204HOE

Recruit

i did everything you said jim and everything seems ok and put the mops on and the motor seems running fine now.