No Juice to starter

I have a 1990 Jhonson 90 HP, Can't seem to get juice to the starter.<br />checked & cleaned all connections (I could see) replaced solinoid & starter.<br />what am I missing?<br /> :confused:

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: No Juice to starter

As a test, using a small jumper wire, jump from the battery terminal of the starter solenoid to the 3/8" nut terminal of the solenoid (not the 3/8" ground nut). If the starter engages, the starter, solenoid, battery, and cables are okay.<br /><br />If the above checks out okay, the problem in all probability is with the Neutral Safety Switch at the control box, or with the wire leading from that safety switch to the solenoid's 3/8" engagement terminal.

Re: No Juice to starter

Originally posted by Just_Want_To_Fish:<br /> I have a 1990 Jhonson 90 HP, Can't seem to get juice to the starter.<br />checked & cleaned all connections (I could see) replaced solinoid & starter.<br />what am I missing?<br /> :confused:
I tried the jump and the engine turned over.<br />I followed the lines up to the key switch<br />tested the netural switch as well as the kill switch.<br />I pulled the key switch but have yet to buy a new one any ideas before I replace the switch?<br /><br />thanks<br /><br />Jay