when and what to use for strippers

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hey guys... i'm a big fluke, weakfish kinda guy. i just got a boat last year and i shoot out to fire island inlet for th "cow".. i read they hit on clams sometimes, eels sometimes and various flive fish.. been out several time and watched mt friends catch a buzz.. what works. water depth and tide...pls help me get my cow!!!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: when and what to use for strippers

THe best thing for strippers is a fresh new $20 bill. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

If you know where the mackerel are the Stripers will be right under them. Look for birds busting into the water feeding. Look for rips formed by incoming and outgoing tides that trap bait. Not knowing the area you fish, probably the best advice is to talk to the locals.<br /><br />My favorite baits are live herring, mackerel and eels in that order.

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks... i fish on the south shore of long island in the fire island inlet..in waters anywhere from 10 to 50 mfeet. and sometimes my pride gets the best of me to ask. maybe i should swallow my pride to catch that cow...lol

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DINGBAT, YOUR NAME FITS I SEE. just let me know where your girlfriend works....

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

JR, try stripers, not strippers :p <br />especially when you add "cow"...

wally jr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

lolol..thanks...lol

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I was tempted. I really was. But I held my tongue and let Dingbat do it. :D :D <br /><br />j.r, if you use the "edit post" icon you can edit your title as well as the content. I recommend it.<br /><br />Good luck getting that cow. :)