in it for long haul bombardier

codtime

Recruit
i'v been looking and readying lot on evinrude i have 200 99 e200fpxeen with 240 hrs can't get the check engine light out bring to dearler fixed it say water in gas put it back in run go off agiannew tank filter remcore and under cover gas ball not soft gas cap off vent works call new dealer can get fuelsensor don't know on back order but my point is this why buy new one if don't care old ones they know early motor have problems why not give rebaits to show there in for long hail ford did it with tire and i'm still with them today and will be i future going to get new motor summer to short in boston what should i buy?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: in it for long haul bombardier

If the dealer would connect a vacumm gauge in the fuel intake side and a meter to the sensor, should only take about 30 min to find the problem.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What kind of paragraph was that? Try a period here and there. Whoa......... big fella.

reeldutch

Lieutenant

i cant understand it might be because i'm dutch?????????

codtime

Recruit

sorry not to good with typing went to trade school.plus 2 finger typing not so fast hell some time can't find letter.it only took me 3 day to figure out how to post this sited if you havn't notice spelling not to good.bear with me my boat not running well just waiting for my dog to get run over next!but i still need new motor or fix 99

clanton

Rear Admiral

Fuel injected or carbuator engine?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have problems with the dealer And you bash BRP for it? Not very logical.<br /><br />That's not a paragraph, Gil. It is six paragraphs.<br /><br />Maybe he needs to sue the keyboard maker because the Shift, period, comma and Enter keys don't work.

codtime

Recruit

dealer don't supply part evinrude does or is it brp? I didn't think this was english class. Its fuel injected

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm still a little dizzy from the first post, but I think you are having problems with a 99 Evinrude 200 and check light issues? Doesn't sound like too serious a problem, but I am really not clear on what took place. I think you put in a water filter and the check light came on again. Does the engine run ok anyway inspite of the check light? <br /><br />Evinrude is a very good engine. Don't let one dealer turn you off to the product. <br /><br />Now about your typing........ just kidding. Although you will catch the devil over it.... ha ha.

JB

If you expect to be understood, and correctly, Codtime, you need to use a minimum of punctuation, spelling and capitalization.<br /><br />I sure hope you are more attentive to detail when you work on your engine.

phinsup

Seaman Apprentice

I am going to roll out tomorrow with the new temp guage and do some pulls, I've only idled with it with the new guage. I have a feeling the thermostat on the port side wasn't opening, it didn't look wet.<br /><br />Any issues with rolling without the t stats for a day? Water temp will be 80 or so, shouldn't cause any headaches should it?<br /><br />Thanks!

codtime

Recruit

Thanks for all your help i'll try to slow down but i'll tell your right now my typing not going to get any better so please try to bear with me.Let me start over i'll try to use some more of these key down here.Last july had check engine light go on just about to plane off around 3200rpm so pull out and took to dealer he check code says water in fuel change both filters put back it run from ramp to dock 1 mile goes off. I can run all day no problem if i stay under 2200rpm start right up 1st turn.Tryed other dealers to find sensor(waterfuel)some have drop line one say back ordered idear when will come in think that all it is?Could i just unplug the sensor?Please don't take me wrong i had 238hrs great time with this motor.Thanks for all your time and JB no chance going i'm going back to school for eng. or typing!!!!

JB

Much better with caps and punctuation, codtime. :)

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

JB, you should have been a school teacher. Instant results! I'm impressed.