extended buzzer for 40hp johnson VRO

hugoboss

Cadet
I am running a 1988 johsnon 40hp VRO. I started it for the first time this year and noticed no water "peeing" from the engine. 5 minutes later the constant (not every 20 seconds) buzzer began to sound. Assuming I had a bad water pump and was expereinceing an overheat, I had the pump replaced and the pee indicator is showing that water is running through the motor fine. However, the alarm is still sounding although it takes a few minutes longer to do so. Im using fresh gas and kept the bulb on the tank pressurized while running as ive seen suggested on previous forums. Im still dealing with the buzzer sounding. Any other ideas as to why this is happening? Ive tried running the motor off of the "ears" in my driveway and in the water off of the trailer and i get the same result. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: extended buzzer for 40hp johnson VRO

The alarm you are getting is a low, or no oil alarm. Run the engine on mixed gas while you trouble shoot the problem.The manual will show you how to do a consumption test on the oil pump.