wiring harness

dog chaser

Cadet
I don't know what its called,I have a 73 johnson 25hp.with electric start what I'm looking for is the harness with the plug that goes into the motor. Thanks . :confused: :confused:

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: wiring harness

Are you looking for the external harness...the one that goes from the motor to the controls or console?

dog chaser

Cadet

What I have now is apug that goes to the motor with wires that go to the battery and a switch with a push button to start the motor but the whole thing is wore out. thanks

CATransplant

Admiral

The part number for the cable you want is 0385231, but it's no longer available new, I'm afraid.<br /><br />You have a couple of options: <br /><br />1. Find a decent, used cable at an outboard junkyard, like tcoutboard.com. They'll have them on hand, but I don't know what they cost.<br /><br />2. Keep watching eBay. This could take a while, I'm afraid.<br /><br />3. Examine your existing cable. You may be able to repair it, if the insulation on the wires near the plug is OK. It's not a huge job. All the parts you need are available at any auto supply store.<br /><br />It's too bad you can't just buy a new one, but that's a problem with older outboards. Heck, I have a 1958 Johnson 35. Finding the cable for that motor is REALLY hard, but one showed up on eBay the other day. Mine's fine, but it can be a real problem for folks needing one.