Need to know the year of my motor

joseph thomason

Recruit
The numbers off the motor are 55P1OA, I am unable to figure it out from every thing I have read so far, also G7083407 if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need to know the year of my motor

These are odd looking numbers.<br /><br />What brand motor, and hp??<br />Number of cylinders?

joseph thomason

Recruit

The motor says Johnson SEAHORSE 60hp, but i guess it is a 55hp from the first two numbers, is there another place to look on the motor for data. There is no letter before the 55 and it has two cylinders. thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Where were these numbers located?<br /><br />Try looking on top of the block/powerhead.<br />Look for a round aluminum domed disc about 3/4 in in diameter, (welsh plug).<br />Disc should have a serial number, and a model number.<br /><br />It should look like this. 60ESL70 or 55ELT77<br /><br />And thank you for your service.

joseph thomason

Recruit

Sir, I got these numbers off of the silver disk on top of the power head, I have checked them at least three times to make sure I copied them right. I know they are ODD numbers compared to everything I have seen. THANKS