Johnson 210 questions

tcanthonyii

Recruit
I recently obtained a Johnson 210 for free from a friend of mine. He father passed away a few months ago and found it in his attic. It was locked up when I got it but I have since loosened it up and made it run for a few seconds. Basically the motor has not run since 1965 or and no gas gets to the float. I haven't gotten into it much but I know that will be easy to fix. Pobably a fuel line problem and or a dirty carb. Thanks to this site, the only one one the web with any johnson 210 info I was able to find out that it is a 1937 3.3 hp motor.<br /><br />My questions are -- 1. How do I work the thing? On the carb there is a screw on the side and a lever with three posistions. I don't know what any of them are. 2. When I pull the retard/advance lever i run out of spark plug wire one side. How do i remedy this problem as there no source for parts for this motor? 3. How/what do i use and what does the retard/advance lever do other than retard or advance the spark? 4. What care should be taken when cleaning the carb? 5. What ratio should the gas mixture be?<br /><br />Any help is greatly appreciated. I plan on using this motor on my 10' john boat. When it runs, after filling the float with gas, it sounds strong and healthy. It seems to have great compresion also.<br /><br />Please post your answer to just one or all of the above question. any help is greatly appreciated. I just wish there were good online sources for a motor this old.