Tilt & Trim not working

bcribb52

Seaman
I have a 1998 Johnson 200 HP. The motor will tilt down but will not tilt up. I have changed both trim relays and it still don't work. The trim switch on the shifter and the one on the motor seem to be ok. The wiring connections also seem to be ok unless i'm missing one somewhere..I'm out of ideas, all help would be greatly appreciated..

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tilt & Trim not working

Can you hear the up relay click when the trim switch is pressed? If not, power feed problem to the up relay. If you can hear it click, fish around the motor at the relay rack and find the two large green and blue wires that go to the TNT motor. Disconnect them from the terminal strip. Direct connect a battery to the terminals. Battery neg to the green wire and touch the battery pos to the blue. The engine should go up. If it does, you got a problem at the relay rack. If it don't, recheck the connections to see if the motor runs for up....if not, possible problem with the motor although I think the problem is in the relay rack itself....lose connection or dirty.