What do I do now?

whitejamie99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
77 Johnson 115HP<br />I dont believe that my water pump is pumping. I replaced the pump after I bought it from previous owner - 1 month ago. Running on muffs, the water doesnt seem to be getting to t-stat area and cylinders are hot to touch. I havent taken it to the lake and the hot horn doesnt come on - but cylinders are getting hot within 2-3 minutes. Tstats are out awaiting replacement but I want to verify the operation of the pump before I take it out. Are there some screens, etc that may have become clogged? HELP!!!

beau123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What do I do now?

Did you put the woodriff key back in the water pump. T-Stats could be the culprit, there are some holes on the lower unit you could check and make sure they are not clogged, there's about four or five on each side. <br />Hope this helps

whitejamie99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tstats are out waiting on replacement. We put the key back in properly, Water shoots out of several holes while the muffs are on. I was hoping there was a screen to check or something.

whitejamie99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It worked the first time I took it out and thats why I replaced the impeller. Heat sensor is intact. I'm going to get some temp sticks and test it on the lake tomorrow. How do you test the overheat alarm by the way

Basscat 1

Chief Petty Officer

To test the alarm; turn on the key, but dont start. Ground out tan wire on the starboard head. The horn should sound.