trim pump

Wouter

Recruit
Hello,<br /><br />We have an evinrude 235HP of 1983 but the trim/tilt system is not ok because it works when we don't move, but it cannot hold the pressure when we move the boat...<br /><br />We think that the O-rings in the trim-pump are obsolete but in our manual we can not find a scheme of the inner side of the pump.<br /><br />Does anyone has a scheme, or diametric view of the innerside of our pump, so we can overhaul it?<br /><br />thankx a lot<br /><br />Wouter

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: trim pump

Wouter,<br /><br />My 1993 88 SPL just had the trim go out on it and I fixed it with the help available here. In my quest to repair my trim motor I did not come across any schematics of the assembly.<br />A wire was corroded going into my trim motor which caused my troubles. I used a drimal (sp?) tool to ream out the old wire and epoxy and replaced it with a new wire. I re-epoxied the whole area, inside and out and reassembled with new o rings. I did have to clean out the pump assembly to get debris out of it, a magnet on the motor casing had chipped dropping debris to the lower area of the trim motor.<br />The hardest part was getting the retaining pin out to get the trim motor off the bracket.<br />Once you get into it, you'll see its not that difficult.<br /><br />Good luck,<br /><br />Trigger