Saved another old OMC

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
So I finished my buddy's head gasket/water pump job on his 65 'rude 33 horse. Took it out on the lake, ran it at full throttle, did the carb adjust bit, adjusted the low speed at idle, and the boat has gone from barely running to planing quite nicely. Yeah, it only goes 21.7 mph GPS, but thats not bad for a 15 foot old glass boat carrying two 200 lb guys. Glad to keep another old outboard on the water. I am kinda growing fond of these old OMCs, but it still makes me wonder why no one has any Mercs for me to fix... :)

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Saved another old OMC

JJ - No one has any old Mercs for you to fix 'cause they died and and were buried many moons ago... you'll just have to continue to derive satisfaction fixin old OMCs that just won't quit.

fireman57

Captain

Might want to change your avatar for this forum. Just kidding. If you want job security keep working on the OMC's as there are plenty around. Keep up the good work.

phatmanmike

Captain

dont listen to the haters, jason, black will always be strong! there are P_LENTY of old mercs around here. heck i have 2<br /><br />by the way, old omc's are kick a$s also. i like em both.<br /><br /><br />good job

CATransplant

Admiral

Good job, JasonJ! It's really satisfying to take an old outboard and restore it to useful service.

hitace

Petty Officer 1st Class

always glad to here a OMC coming back to life to rune once again :) glad you saved that outboard :)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

now you know why i like them, nothing like bring one back. and relatively easy to do.