used boat shopping

rickksan

Cadet
I am looking for a used boat between $9,000 to $19,000. I have two children under 8 yrs old. I love the open bow boats, but I'm concerned about the kids being in sun without much protection. I do like the idea of a cuddy cabin however I'm concered about useable space for fishing/waterskiing/and the amt. of people you are able to carry seems to be at least 2 to 3 less with the cuddy. I am just curious how much coverage the bimi covers gives. I'm basically looking for something in the 28ft to 23ft. range. I found three boats that I like I am just really indecisive on cuddy/open bow.

WSUDERMAN

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: used boat shopping

We have an open bow and you are correct about the additional seating. The coverage of the bimini can be as big as you want. I have seen 25' deck boats with a full length bimini. I am sure it will cost a bit, but it can be done. Our bimini only covers the rear and mid seating areas, the bow and sundeck are always sunny...<br />Good luck in your search...

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Get a walkaround, you'll have bigger cabin than cuddy, still have a few seats on the bow, and you'll have your fishing boat.<br /><br /><br />
liftoff.jpg

tommays

Admiral

i like a closed bow it depends on how rough the water is were you going to use the boat<br /><br />same thing with people in the bow if its rough it really beats them up compared to seating further back in the boat<br /><br />tommays