1979 Silverline Nantucket 17VBR

napa169

Cadet
Looking at buying this boat. Owner says the 305 has just been rebuilt. (Waiting on the receipts) Doesn't know much about boats. Interior is fair. Says floor is good but carpeting needs to be replaced. There is a rotten part between the stringers in front of the engine (???), but the mechanic says no big deal as the stringers are good. Overall, the boat looks good. Needs new interior but can work for this year. What are your thoughts? <br /><br />If you're ever in BC, look me up and lets go for a hydrofoil - or ski.

kozman01

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1979 Silverline Nantucket 17VBR

I own a 76 Silverline Hilo 16' w/ a 69' Merc 800 off the back. This boat is built like a tank! If you feel you can do the work and the price is right, get it. There is a Silverline forum on the web that is getting larger as time goes on. People who have these boats like them. The 16' footer I have was my first boat and I'm having a difficult time wanting to sell it (I just bought a new boat). I have a feeling that nothing built today can match the quality of days past. This boat just feels liek a solid piece of rock on the water. Good luck and have fun!