E-Tech Tiller Handle

dicksb01

Recruit
I am looking at purchasing an e-tech 75 with a tiller handle upgrade for a Crestline Fishhawk 1750. I was at the Canadian Boat show this past weekend and even the techs at the Evinrude booth could not describe the features, ie Gear shift on handle or front of motor, were is the trim swtich, friction for the throttle or steering, or even the lenght of the handle. <br /><br />I have had dealers in Canada and the US describing everything from a handle on a Johnston 4 stroke to a Evinrude 2 stroke with the gear shift on the front of the motor.<br /><br />Has anyone had the fortune of seeing an e-tech 75 or 90 with a tiller configuration and if so can you please describe.

jegervais

Chief Petty Officer
Re: E-Tech Tiller Handle

It's very similar to the kit used on the V4 Evinrude Fichts.<br /><br />There is a friction device, the shift handle is attached to the front of the tiller handle mounting bracket and there is no trim switch installed on it. There is a stop switch/lanyard towards the front.<br /><br />I don't have a picture per se, but I do have an exploded parts view which will give you a very good idea of what it looks like. If you would like to see what I have, post your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you.<br /><br />My contacts at Bombardier tell me a new design for the tiller kit (probably similar to the 4-stroke one) is in development, but could not comment on availability. This suggests it could be up to a year away.<br /><br />-John

dicksb01

Recruit

Thanks for the info. I would appreciate if you could e-mail the exploded parts diagram. <br /><br />I know this is a long shot, but would you know if the newer design would fit this current model year e-tech<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br /> brian.****son@nstarch.com

dicksb01

Recruit

It appears this forums edits some words. I am new to forums and don't know if you can locate my e-mail address. My last name is another version of Dixon. The **** would be a short form for Richard or refers to a slang word for a certian part of the mail anontomy. (d i c k)<br /><br />Thanks

dicksb01

Recruit

I hope this makes sense.<br /><br />Does anyone know if it would be possible to rig a console that would contian the gear shift and trim (similar to a console model) back where the driver is and still keep the tiller configuration.

45_red

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Should be do-able; finding short cables for throttle& shift might be a problem.