Tri-Lux II

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is Trilux II a good substitute for trilux 33 or of any of the other aluminum suitable bottom paints? I know it is aluminum safe but why did they quit making it? Thanks, :confused:

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Tri-Lux II

Trilux II is still available in Canada so they haven't quit making it, maybe just not importing into the US anymore. I've used it on my outdrives for years and it works great!

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

tgissel,I have never seen Trilux 33.Are you sure you did not see something called Micron 33.I have a can of that I have not used yet.Charlie

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Yes I have and as long as you follow the prep directions it works great.If you just spray it on w/o any prep it will just come right off.I am on my last can of the clear stuff which you cant get anymore.I love using that stuff.It sticks to everything with or w/o any prep and it is a smooth gloss.When I found out it was off the market a few years ago I sent my bride on a mission.I asked her to stop at every little out of the way marine supply store that she passed and buy what ever they had in the clear.Between the 2 of us we came up with 6 cans.As I said,I am on the last can now. :( :(

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

They quit making it because of environmental regulations.<br />The tin (TBT) in it supposed to contaminate shellfish and other marine life.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Yea I know ED.Why couldnt they take some crappy paint off the market for the same reason.They only discontinue the good stuff.

tgissel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So this is a better anti-fouling paint than the 33?? Thanks for all the quick replies!