Carb needed for old folding Evinrude...

Sand Rover

Cadet
Hey Guys,<br /><br />I'm posting this for a less-than-computer-saavy friend of mine, so bear with me...<br /><br />He has an old Evinrude outboard that is need of a carb, and he's having difficulty locating one. Perhaps some of you folks could point me to someone who might have one. Here's the info:<br /><br />Evinrude<br />Model: 3602E<br />Serial: E09036<br />Year: Unsure, early 60's<br />HP: reasonably sure it's a 3.5HP<br /><br />Does anyone have a source for a carb for this motor? Also, any additional information that can be determined by the model/serial numbers (i.e. year, definitive HP) would be greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks Guys!<br /><br />Chuckster

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Carb needed for old folding Evinrude...

Check with the used outboard places, like Twin Cities Outboard. They'll have it for your friend. You can find them with a Google search.

CATransplant

Admiral

By the way, that's a 1966 3hp folding model, not 3.5. I just saw a case on eBay for one of those. Pretty cool, pack it up and it's luggage for your trip to the lake.<br /><br />I'm jealous....

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That is a 1966 engine, Chuckster. A really sweet li'l hummer.<br /><br />The place CATransplant refers to is Twin City Outboard. I don't know if Google is fussy about spelling, but it could make a difference.<br /><br />They are almost certain to have a used carb.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

CATransplant

Admiral

If your friend wants to spend about $184, he can buy a new one (for the 1968 model) at ishopmarine.com. Probably more than the motor is worth, but it's out there.

Sand Rover

Cadet

Wow, you guys are amazing... I love this board! I hope I can return the favor someday...<br /><br />Thanks!

rwcreigh1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i seen a few of those at dockside marine at bayou vista texas.they are really cool.i dont think i would use them just because they are so cool looking.you could give them a call at409-938-3779 they may have one.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Any carb with a fixed high speed jet for the 3 HP twin will fit. Those fold-up model's, if you have the case to go with it, command a pretty good price. I have the engine, but not the case.

Paul Moir

Admiral

I don't think there were any carbs with a fixed high speed jet for the 3hp. :D An adjustable will do fine. <br />There's lots of them out there, don't pay too much. A few good reads:<br /> Fuel/Oil mix suggestions. (HINT: use more oil than OMC's recommended 50:1!) <br /><br />Tom Travis' excellent 3hp site.<br /> <br /> 3hp Tuneup<br /><br />Those little 3hp engines are really great runners. It'll be worth fixing up if the compression is good. Good luck, and good luck to your friend!

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Paul: I can't recall when they went to the fixed jet. My son, and I have two of these little engines! 57 Johnson with adjustable needle's, and 67 folding model with fixed high speed jet. Both carb's will work on either motor, but there is no provision for the high speed needle to stick through the lower cowl on the 66