evinrude 20

dave68c

Cadet
help guys,just got the above outboard ,dont know when last serviced so please tell me what i need to check,also how do i get year and mdel details

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: evinrude 20

Moving to General Outboard.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

dave68c - A big welcome Dave. This is your one stop shopping for info from folks who are not trying to sell you stuff. Onward - -<br /><br />First and the most important recommendation I can make is to get the factory shop and parts manual. Now for the info. - You should consider:<br /><br />model number should be on a tag or decal - if not there check for numbers on the freeze plug - you will need it for the following:<br /><br />new spark plugs<br />points & condenser if an old motor<br />flush all old fuel from everywhere<br />water pump<br />thermostats<br />fuel filter if you have one<br />new fuel & mix if not a VRO motor<br />service VRO if it has one<br />change gear oil<br />get muff for water hose connection - do not run without water<br />pull prop & grease shaft<br /><br />Have fun.

dave68c

Cadet

MANY THANKS ADMIRAL,NEXT QUESTION CONCERNED ABOUT FUEL MIX ,ON THE ENGINE COVER SIDE IT SAYS 100/1 MIX BUT ANOTHER CHAP SAID NO NO NO 50/1 ANY IDEAS???

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

Run it 50:1, you'll run into trouble with 100:1. Good Luck.