1996 Ocean Pro???

seastrikemike

Recruit
The trim/tilt button on my controls will only trim it up, when I press the down button nothing happens. It works fine from the buttons on the motor itself up and down. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? I also noticied my RPM gauge is on around 1200 while the motor is off, thought it should go back down after starting it.When I ran it the RPMS were about 1200 off, what could cause this?Thanks for any help!

D

DJ

Re: 1996 Ocean Pro???

Tilt switch-most likely problem is the switch itself. You can jump between the green (down) wire and the red (positive) wire at the harness near the switch to verify.<br /><br />Tach.-it's supposed to do that. It protects the needle from shock while not in use.

Jquest

Petty Officer 1st Class

That happened to me too. I could only go down. I think the part stores want 45 beans for that Johnson switch. Went to radio shack and bought a momentary "on" switch. Cost me like 3 bucks. I wired it to the back of my boat just inside the transom lip where it can't get wet. Now all I have to due is reach over when I wanna put the engine up or down. It also helps if you have the manual for the wiring. <br />But like DJ said. REd and green goes up. And if you wanna go down..... red and blue goes down. <br /><br />Green----_<br />Red------ \_UP<br /><br />Blue-----_ <br />red------ \_down

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Actually DJ said red & green are down which is correct. Green = grass (down). Blue = sky (up).