anyone sell or rent test props?

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 92 johnson 200gt model stlens. Need to know if anyone knows anyone who either sells test props or rents them out for this motor. I have looked on ebay for months and never see any that will work. Manual says i need test prop # 387388. Thanks for any info,<br /><br />Steve

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: anyone sell or rent test props?

If ya don't find it on ebay, you may have to go to dealer to have them order one.<br />Test "Wheel" is the proper term, not prop...someone may think you just want to try out different props.

ledgefinder

Ensign

I have yet to see any on eBay for motors that big - maybe because they'd be a handful in a tank even with a test wheel.<br /><br />Keep in mind you can cut down an old prop to serve the same purpose, if all you want to do is be able to run at fairly high rpms. Make sure you cut all the blades the same to keep it in balance.

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is one method my local shop gave too. I don't have any aluminum props right nowe, but i may look for a junker on ebay. They also said that they pull the boat in the water on the trailer and run the motor up to 5k rpm with the prop and intake just below the surface of the water. I can just see the process of explaining to my insurance guy what happened exactly when he shows up to see my boat sitting on top of my suv :rolleyes:

ledgefinder

Ensign

I bet a 200GT will make quite a bit of noise at WOT on the ramp. <br /><br />Hmmm, I think you may want to put the motor in deeper, at least when you start it. The pump is actually a few inches above where the LU and midsection connect, so the water's got to be that high for it to start drawing.<br /><br />I burned water pumps in a 125hp, a 65hp and a 9.5 finding this out...