67 johnson o/b 40hp

coorsltguy101

Recruit
need info on wire harness 6 wires coming out of <br /> motor. model# rdsl-29e any help would be great. Also no charging system.

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: 67 johnson o/b 40hp

Red/White tracer - Choke switch or 'C' on 'Push to Choke' keyswitch<br />Green - Ammeter. If ammeter not present then connect to 'Batt' on keyswitch<br />White - Start. Connect to 'S' on keyswitch<br />Grey - Tach ground lead. Connect to tach.<br />Tan - Ground for overheat warning light. Other side of bulb connects to 'A' on the keyswitch.<br />Black - Magneto kill line. Connect to an 'M' on keyswitch.<br />Black - Other kill line. Connect to the other 'M' on keyswitch.<br /><br />The keyswitch connects the two 'M' terminals together to stop the engine. In the start and run position they're isolated from one another. If the heavy Green wire isn't present you'll have to run a (fused) wire from the battery positive terminal to 'Batt' on the keyswitch. I presume you have the two starter cables in check.<br /><br />This sort of info is laid out in the service manual. It'll save you from a pile of frustration if you plan to maintain the engine yourself.

coorsltguy101

Recruit
Re: 67 johnson o/b 40hp

thank you very much. i htink you helped me before, areyou in the uscg? if so you need to come to the uscg fest in grand haven michigan i'll buy hte first round. thanks keith