OUT BOARD ID

I am not positive but I think this is the model and serial numbers: 870T2CDR, and 43475. Like I said I am not sure because the tag is all beat up, but does anyone know what year and anything else about this motor. I think it is an evinrude 70hp.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: OUT BOARD ID

That's a 1986 engine, surfer. There should be an E or J in front of the 70. I think an E would be easier to mistake as an 8, making it an Evinrude.

Paul Moir

Admiral

Yes, the date-code works like this:<br /><br />I=1<br />N=2<br />T=3<br />R=4<br />O=5<br />D=6<br />U=7<br />C=8<br />E=9<br />S=0<br /><br />So a U would make it an '87.

Paul Moir

Admiral

The R is the meaningless model run code. Just ignore it.<br /><br />Sure, I'll even post it here if you like. <br />paul.moir@ns.sympatico.ca

Paul Moir

Admiral

Wow, that's a mess. :) <br />It seems that the original ink is turning up best with a blue filter. I'm confident in these numbers:<br />Model Number E70TLCUR<br />Serial Number R 1434755<br />Which makes it an '87. Since you can see the top row of dots on the C and the R, the letter must be a U since you would see the dots for an O or D.<br /> As photographed, click here.<br /> After a little work to it, click here.