Help Identifying Year of Evinrude 48 Motor

papakevin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,<br /><br />I just purchased a 1991 Skeeter SD-80 with a Evinrude 48 motor on it (I think it has a SDF or a SDL or a SPL after the 48, but I don't know what it means). The motor does not have power tilt or trim, and appears to be older than the boat (paint on it looks a little rough). <br /><br />I'm trying to find out the year of the motor. Any suggestions on how I can go about finding out the year? Also, anything I should know about this particular motor, such as anything special to watch for or any common problems? And last but not least, any special service required for this motor? Thanks.

papakevin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Help Identifying Year of Evinrude 48 Motor

I believe it is as follows -<br /><br />Model # E48ESLCCC. Serial # G1731742.<br /><br />The model number may read E48EBLCCC, but I believe it is a "S" as indicated above.<br /><br />Any additional information regarding special maintence, care, stuff to look out for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

jfm1

Petty Officer 1st Class

papakevin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks a million. Anything special I need to know about keeping the motor up to speed? From what I've read, the model appears to be a good one. Thanks again.