Over propped ??

JWood

Cadet
Hello all....I have a 2002 Lowe 20' Suncruiser Pontoon with a 2001 70 Evinrude 4 stroke(Suzuki).<br />It seems to have too much prop on it (only turns 4500 rpm).<br />What would be the best pitch prop for this boat/motor ? I'll wait to tell you what is on it now...maybe I have other issues.<br /><br /> Thanks !<br /><br /> John

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Over propped ??

Need all info available to give the best advice, but the nearest I think anyone here would get would be the prop that puts you at or near the max RPM recommended by the manufacturer.

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

You need to go up about 1200 rpms at WOT. So you would need to come down in pitch about 6 inches (400 rpms for every 2" pitch) from whatever you are at now.

JWood

Cadet

Ok, the boat will mainly be used cruising/playing. Normally with 4 adults and a coule of kids. It has a 14x17, aluminum 3 blade prop it now. Engine runs like a champ, it just won't turn up.<br />I believe the recommended WOT range is 52-5800 ?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know what pitchs are available in props for that engine but it sounds like you need to be at something around a 13" pitch or maybe even less (is there an 11").