fuel pump issue 82 evinrude 150hp V6

cb950

Seaman Apprentice
I think there is something wrong with my fuel pump. How strong is the put put air supply from my crankcase supposed to be? should i be able to stop it with my finger?<br /><br />and how strong of a fuel stream should come out after the fuel pump? should it be consistent, or put put with the engine turning? I do have a pressure guage. <br /><br />Thanks,<br />Casey B

ob

Admiral
Re: fuel pump issue 82 evinrude 150hp V6

Are you having some performance issues?

cb950

Seaman Apprentice

yes, my engine will run perfect with clean spark plugs, but fouls them and craps out in about 45 seconds after which they look like this.<br />
spark.jpg

cb950

Seaman Apprentice

Fixed it! <br />I got a cheap spark tester from auto zone. It told me at least that the spark is consistent. After I rebult the carbs, (which looked fine inside), got all new ql77jc4 spark plugs, (thanks angus and walleyehed!), broke down the fuel pumps, and cleaned them up, (they looked fine inside), and replaced all the fuel line, (there were some cracks in some pieces), and tested all the ignition parts that i could with a regular multimeter, (the coil resistance was 585ohms, even though it was supposed to be at least 900 as per my seloc book) it fired up, and runs like a top, I'm dropping it in the water to see for sure today. Thank you Everyone for your help!