1992 Rude, 150hp VRO problems

About 5 min into my trip the alarm sounded, 1sec on 1sec off, shut down and restarted,5 Min same thing. I the ran engine about 15 min at 1500 rpm to get back in all the time I as still smelling burning oil like normal. 1)Could I have caused seriuos damage? If So, what would the first symptoms ? <br />During check out back home using all precausions I found that it was using oil by hooking a clear tube to the VRO oil intake port but it wasnt pulsing vary hard. 2)Should the pulses be real noticable as it sucks the oil in ? <br />I was checking the voltage for the alarm circuit that goes to the VRO and the Tach for proper voltage, I have no Peak volt meter But,. 3) The Gray wire from the Regulator, should it read on a RMS standard voltmeter 5Vdc on dc scale and 5Vac on the ac scale ? <br />I have filled my tank with the proper mix until I can get the VRO. I got my boat used and when I pulled the VRO to inspect it I found that there were signs that it had been re-built before 4) Were can I get a new one on the cheep?<br />Thanks Scott

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant
Re: 1992 Rude, 150hp VRO problems

Plug the hose from the oil tank, and pre-mix. Damn near free. <br /><br />There's other things to do but thats essentially it. Others will be happy to elaborate on the procedure if you need help.