57 Carb question

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys, <br /> I've got a question. I got my 57' 18hp fastwin started and running great today. What I did notice is that when I got the motor there was a piece missing from the carb. I didn't notice until I rebiult the carb last week and started the motor. What I'm looking for is a diagram of the carb on this motor or something close. On the carb are two needle adjustments, the one on top from what I understand in the low idle adjustment and the one on the bottom is for the high idle adjustment. It's the top one that I found was missing something. It looks like there is a threaded sleeve that compresses the gromet around the needle valve that keeps it from vibrating out of adjustment. This is the part I am missing. <br /> The model number for the motor is 15020-19224. Does anyone know what the part number of this item is or have a carb diagram that I can look at?<br />Thanks :cool:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 57 Carb question

Try these guys Wizard. They can usually help. What your are missing is the packing follower.<br />Be sure to explain which needle it's for and include the model number.<br /><br /> http://www.twincityoutboards.com/

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'll send them an email to see what they have. Thanks Oh by the way, any chance of finding a diagram online anywhere?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Mention it to TwinCity...maybe they can help.

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok, I'll do that. Got another question for you. I noticed this morning that on the carb (and I don't know the correct term for this) the butterfly closest to the motor has a spring on the side oposite the linkage. This spring appears to fit in a slot just above the shaft of the butterfly. Well this spring is broke. The motor seems to run fine when I ran it in a barrel Saturday, what are the things this spring can affect as far as performance goes and does this need to be replaced.<br />Thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Without having a parts book in front of me, I'd say the spring is a positive closing device for the throttle plate....possibly to insure the throttle plate does close.

Wizard1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thats what I had guessed. I have a carb from a 74 35hp rude that has this same spring on it and that is what it does.<br />Thanks