'86 Johnson 90hp VRO Part Number Help

teewhy

Cadet
Hello. Does anyone know the part number for the VRO unit for a 1986 90hp Johnson? I need to replace my VRO unit but, want to ensure I get the right part as they're not cheap.<br /><br />Thanks very much,<br /><br />Tyler

DHPMARINE

Captain
Re: '86 Johnson 90hp VRO Part Number Help

teewhy, Wouldn't you be better off having whoever you order from supply the number ?If they do,and it's wrong,it's their fault.If I give you the number,and you order it,or missread my number and order it..... if it's wrong.... you own it.<br /><br />Bytheway originally # 174303 several number changes thru the years,is now #5004559 @ $279.43.<br /><br />DHP

teewhy

Cadet
Re: '86 Johnson 90hp VRO Part Number Help

'DHP' and 'Brew',<br /><br />Thanks very much for the replies. Asking for the specific part number from a professional supplier should would be the way to go, IF, I wanted to pay retail (or close to it). I was hoping to keep an eye on Ebay for a NOS unit that would go for a fraction of the retail price. I know . . . I know . . . half the time, the seller doesn't know what he/she's selling, or it's misrepresented, or . . . But, I thought I'd look for a cheap solution. It may just be in my best interest to deal with a professional.<br /><br />Thanks again, for the information and quick replies.<br /><br />Tyler