Serial number/model# Search engines

Capt. Ron

Cadet
I have a couple of evinrude 200hp outboards and was wondering if anyone can link me to a sight that will give me the build date by punching in either the model or serial#.

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Serial number/model# Search engines

They're easy enought to decode. Check out this link:<br />ID your post 1979 JohnnyRude<br /> <br />If you're having trouble deciphering it, just post your model numbers here and we'll figure them out for you. <br /><br />And welcome to Iboats!

Capt. Ron

Cadet
Re: Serial number/model# Search engines

Ok I think I've figured it out.<br />VE200TXEIB=1991<br />E200STLCUA=1987<br />Now my next question is this.<br />Can the flywheel from one work on the other?<br />Also can I move all or part of the electical system from one to the other?<br />I'll give you a little background here.<br />I took the 1991 engine and boat to a mechanic to get a carb rebuild he did the rebuild then called me to tell me that my powerpack was out. The boat ran fine as long as I choked it so I couldn't figure out how the power pack could be out but like a dummy I told him to go ahead and replace it. A week later this guy calls me to tell me that the magnets had "fallen" off of the flywheel and in turn had messed up my stator!!?????<br />Well it seemed obvious to me that FINISH LINE MARINE in Galveston,TX was trying to bleed me dry so the next day I drove from Dallas to Galveston to get the boat and refused to pay for anything but the carb work since that was what I took it to them for in the first place. They supposedly put the old powerpack back on my motor but one of the rubber connectors doesn't fit the wire on the motor quite right.???? I've tried the motor and am getting no spark at all to the spark plugs. Makes me wonder where this other powerpack came from. Now I have the 87 motor which I had just put new power packs on right before the power head went south on me due to VRO failure. <br /> How can I test my current power pack and stator and if either are bad can I swap them out independantly or together as a unit?