old sea horse trivia

brehlers69

Seaman
I have managed to get the old 48' 9.8 horse sea horse running but I have a few new questions. I dont see a water pump?, there is a lever behind the carberator that runs through the lower part of the block, what is it? and how do you clean out the fuel tank?

alcan

Commander
Re: old sea horse trivia

hi Old Seahorse<br />First I have to admit that I have never run or worked on a model such as yours. A lot of these older direct drive motors did not use water pumps. My guess is that because they were direct drive they would always be moving thru the water. This motion would force water up the intake pasages. I also believe they work something like a perculator (coffee pot). As far as the lever goes, I think that might be the choke lever. Please, I am just guessing here. Have you been in touch with any of the folks at the antique outboard club site? This motor is just outside my realm. How ever if you will post your E-mail address I will do my best to send you 16 pages of info that might be helpful to you.

brehlers69

Seaman
Re: old sea horse trivia

Originally posted by alcan:<br /> hi Old Seahorse<br />First I have to admit that I have never run or worked on a model such as yours. A lot of these older direct drive motors did not use water pumps. My guess is that because they were direct drive they would always be moving thru the water. This motion would force water up the intake pasages. I also believe they work something like a perculator (coffee pot). As far as the lever goes, I think that might be the choke lever. Please, I am just guessing here. Have you been in touch with any of the folks at the antique outboard club site? This motor is just outside my realm. How ever if you will post your E-mail address I will do my best to send you 16 pages of info that might be helpful to you.