94 Johnson 150 2cyl oil spraying from prop

hydrasport175

Recruit
Background info: Motor has not run correctly since July 04. At that point it wouldnt start. Before that i was having an intermitten starting problem, but i could usely start the boat at the house let it run for about 45 secs and when i get to the water it would run perfect all day, if i just tried to goto the water start and go, i would just get to be planed out and then it would die and couldnt restart it and go from anywhere between 5-30 minutes. After it completely died, i checked compression and every cylinder was the same psi, then i checked spark and wasnt getting equal spark and sometimes no spark on some cylinders. I bought a new power pack and then the boat cranks up perfectly. But has trouble idling, and will not have the power to plane out. So i rechecked spark everything looked good, but noticed that there is a massive amount of 2cyl oil coming from the exhaust inside the prop when on the muffs. Is my vro malfunctioning, or is my carbs need of rebuild or adjustments.<br />thanks for your time!!!!!!!!!!!!

marinemech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 94 Johnson 150 2cyl oil spraying from prop

are you getting excessive smoke?<br />remove air box start motor and obserb carbs are they leaking?

hydrasport175

Recruit

yes plenty of smoke,<br />and carbs leak out the end, when cranking and idling with the airbox removed

marinemech

Petty Officer 1st Class

clean and rebuild carbs