Chysler outboards 1984 75 HP

jps51248

Seaman Apprentice
What are the opions of Chysler outboards? I am trying to learn more about outboards and fishing boats. This motor is on a 18 ft. Sylvan, Thanks jps

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Chysler outboards 1984 75 HP

IMOHO, there are 2 type of Chrysler outboards. Those that are being repaired and those that need repaired. I'm sure there must be exceptions to that but I've never seen any.

DHPMARINE

Captain

IBNFSHN I think you missed those that can't be fixed.<br /><br />51248jps If you have alot of patience,you may be able to enjoy a Chrysler,but they were basically entry level outboards,and now they are old,too.<br /><br />DHP

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander

They weren't good when they were new and they're even worse when 21 years old. It's gonna be hard to even find parts around if you wanted to try and keep it going. If the boat is in good shape, take it and repower, and use the Chyrsler for an anchor.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by mmcpeck:<br /> They weren't good when they were new and they're even worse when 21 years old. It's gonna be hard to even find parts around if you wanted to try and keep it going. If the boat is in good shape, take it and repower, and use the Chyrsler for an anchor.
Or, you can believe what mm says and sell it cheaply to some unsuspecting newbie to outboards so he can enjoy it for the next 20 or so years. Chief :)